Sunday, June 3, 2012

Yummy Claypot @ Joo Chiat Singapore by Ru

I was forced by Mr Kevin Toh to update this blog. Apparantly I was quite busy with works recently (lame excuse I know) and have been neglecting this blog for quite some time. I would like to send my sincere apology to all our loyal readers here haha!!!

Well, I was super lucky that my boss brought us to this restaurant which is located at Joo Chiat Road. At first I did not really give high expecation on the foods however the outcome turned out quite impressive! I love the foods here and so far it's one of the best restaurant I have in Singapore so far.. hehe...

Firstly, this is the Kailan with Fried dono what vege ...

Just vege, nothing much to say about it but I like the taste of it. I think the more special one would be the fried dono what vege, it is quite special as I seldom eat this kind of dish outside.

Secondly, Snow Peas with Scallops

I don't like eating snow peas but the scallops were quite fresh. That's why I ate 2 pieces of it wahaha

Thirdly, Japanese Beancurd with Pumpkin Sauce


I like the combination of this dish, surprisingly the pumpkin sauce was quite nicely cook and I believe that the chef blended the pumpkin throughly that's why the sauce was very smooth and mixed well with the beancurd.

Forthly, Braised Pork Knuckles


My colleagues (especially guys) loved this dish to the max! The meat was tender and the sauce was flavoring. Most importantly, it's not salty and oily.


Fifthly, Mushroom chicken in pressure cooker

This was quite a special dish as it was served with the pressure cooker. While the waiter opened up the cooker and we could smell the taste of the chicken. However the taste was quite normal so I did not eat it much haha

Sixthly, Seafood Porridge with crab and prawn

wohooo..this was so big pot and the serving was quite sumptous. I think this pot could serve at least 10 persons. My boss loves this dish and she strongly recommeneds this to us. Actually it tasted very good but the chef used the rice to cook this porridge, personally I think that if they use the real porridge might taste even better. FYI, it costs $50 only for this big pot.

Seventhly, Fried Crab with Salted Egg Yolk


Ladies and Gentleman, I proudly present this dish to everyone of you!!!!! From the picture you can see that the rich and yummy salted egg yolk was well coated with the crab!! trust me, the taste was so amazingly nice and I could lick the sauce over the plate ( I did not do this due to the presence of my boss lol) ...

How could we miss this out?? Fried Sweet Bun ... We dipped it with the egg yolk sauce, it's so heavenly nice!!!!

Overall it was a very satisfactory dinner and we were all leaving with a full full stomach!!! I would definitely pay it a visit again with Vin... Strongly recommend it to all of you especially seafood lover.

Taste : ۞۞۞۞/۞۞۞۞۞
Service : ۞۞۞۞/۞۞۞۞۞
Ambient : ۞۞۞۞/۞۞۞۞۞
Location: ۞۞/۞۞۞۞۞ (it is very difficult to find a parking)
Pricing : ۞۞۞/۞۞۞۞۞ (My boss paid the bill but I can say it's quite pricy as per quoted in the menu)



No comments: