Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Extension Tube Received

ohhh...wat a week...after back from sri lanka, that afternoon i still thought can hav a good rest, but received call from my boss...got 2 jobs need to be done. shit...go sri lanka already didnot sleep for a day, then back still cannot sleep...till now, i think i can become superman liau...i almost 3 days din sleep..mayb 1 hr here and thr got close my eyes a while la..haha...aih...

waited for about 2 weeks, finally my extension tube is here...
So kan cheong to see what kind of image it can bring to me.
when it is mounted on to the camera with my Nikkor 105mm, it feels so great. Seems like a bazooka!haha..
At first, I'm thinking to sell off my Nikkor 105mm as i already have the Sigma 150mm. Luckily last week the buyer 放飞机 if not i will not have the chance to test it with the 105mm lens.

Although I'm very tired after a whole nite of working, but the feeling of wanted to see the out come already over whelm me. The pictures taken, what i can say is great! it seems to be more than 1:1 ratio. Fromt the pictures taken, what i can say is, the pictures are really quite clear and sharp. i would like to take my words back as previously i said that the Nikkor 105mm lose to the Sigma 150mm. It still can fight..haha...now i think i will not sell off the lens.

The pictures below are not crop
this moth is quite small. its size should be smaller than 5mm x 5mm.
Top is before crop, and below is after crop

The quality still not bad right..if it is not good, doesn't mean that the lens is bad but is my skill problem..haha

4 comments:

KeViN said...

Keong, if you really interested in macro can go for extension tube first.i only bought for SGD$9.90 from lightinthebox.com or you also can try the raynox 250 macro filter which cost around SGD$120.

Unknown said...

Wow!! Tat's really amazing!! It shock me after viewed picture taken by you~~ Very nice!!

Bad you, keep poison my mind but i like it! ^^

Extension tube can apply at any len (prime/zoom)? How it work actually? After plug in then it will raise up the close up ration? Hmm, can give it a try since it's economical..

Ya, help me to buy one top up diffuser if you bypass chinatown lar... Will pay you later.

Hey, next time if you wanna sell off you toys pls let me know first lar... cheap cheap selling me XD

halfpress said...

Wah, 2 wks only newbie become pro alr. After attaching the tubes most likely u loose 2 stops. Think the cheap tubes got no electronic contacts so everything manual even if u attach a AF lens.

KeViN said...

ya..P u r correct..it will lose 2 stops but its not a problem cause anyway you will use flash la..haha..

for me, in macro shots, im only using manual, cause auto seems not so sharp le and always quite slow when it is too near..for the good tubes, need about $80-120 for secondhand.

pro ur head la..i still need time to learn how to edit ler..saw ppl can edit till the picture color to be so nice..no time to play around wit the ps ler..